What You Should Know
- EXPECT A CONFIRMATION EMAIL – You will receive a confirmation email after booking with a link to the launch site.
- ARRIVE 30 MINS PRIOR TO YOUR LAUNCH TIME – Please arrive 30 mins prior to launch for check-in and outfitting. Saftey Orientation will start 15 minutes prior to launch time. We plan to be on the water by your designated tour time. To respect everyones schedules, Late arrivals may be pushed to the next tour time (depending on availability).
- THE BEST TIME TO SEE BIOLUMINESCENCE: There is a 13 day window in every month where there is no moon in the sky while we are on the water at night..the window is as follows…: Book 3 days AFTER THE FULL MOON- until 1 DAY AFTER the new moon. This window will save you from the new moon crowds, while still enjoying the absolute darkness of a “New Moon” night!
- PEAK SEASON: June – September with sightings as late as January
- LAUNCH SITE: Haulover Canal, Titusville
- TRIP LENGTH: 90 MINS
- COST PER PERSON: $75
- INCLUDED: KAYAK, PFD, PADDLES AND HAPPY GUIDES
- MAX WEIGHT: 415 LBS COMBINED IN A TANDEM KAYAK
- AGE RANGE: 5+
- SUGGESTIONS TO BRING: AQUATIC FOOTWEAR, BUG SPRAY, TOWEL,
- SUNSCREEN, CASH FOR TIPS (optional), AND A WATER BOTTLE
- LOCATION: Beacon 42, Titusville
Have you ever been kayaking before?
If you have, then you probably know how magical of an experience it truly is. Kayaking allows you to feel as though you’re one with the water and all the life within it. It gives you the opportunity to interact and maneuver through the habitat of so many different species. What could be better than that? You may be thinking “nothing”, but you’d be wrong; there is one thing that’s better, and the answer to that is clear kayaking! Yes, you heard it right. Clear kayaking. This means that you get all the benefits of being in a normal kayak, but on top of that, it’s also a completely see-through kayak. Sounds cool right? Well it is, and here’s why.
You now get to be even closer to all of the Bioluminescence that you would normally see in a kayak tour.
This means that the dolphins, manatees, stingrays, crabs, comb jellies, fish, bioluminescent dinoflagellate (if you’re going at night), and maybe even crocodiles could all be swimming right below your feet, with no kayak to block your view! The beautiful waters of the Indian Lagoon combined with the clear bottom kayak mean that you won’t miss a thing! It’ll feel almost as though you’re not even in the kayak at all and allow you to completely immerse yourself with the incredible nature and wildlife of Florida. The clear bottom kayak will change the way in which you view kayaks forever. It truly is a unique experience in a unique environment.
Whether you’re a tourist or you just feel like experiencing the nature of your own state in a new light, the Florida Adventurer Clear Kayak Tour will provide you with a once in a lifetime experience time and time again.