Haulover Canal Launch Site in Florida
Many people ask us for directions to reach the Haulover Canal so we thought we?d create a short guide. Read on to find the easiest way to reach the launch site at Haulover Canal. Launching From Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge
The launch site at Haulover Canal is 20 minutes east of Titusville on the North West corner of the canal:
- Take SR402/406 (Garden Street) East which is right across the Indian River and the Max Brewer Causeway and to reach the Wildlife Refuge.
- About 2 miles after you cross the Causeway, turn left towards the Black Point Wildlife Drive. Follow this road all the way to the end until you reach the STOP sign (4.15 miles) at Kennedy Parkway /SR3.
- Note: Do not turn on the actual Black Point Wildlife Drive ? it?s a dirt road.
- Take a left at the STOP sign. Drive approximately 4.25 miles on Kennedy Parkway/SR3 to the Haulover Canal bridge. Drive over this bridge and take the first left.
- You will see an unmarked road (it starts out paved but then turns to dirt). Follow it all the way to the end. That?s where we will meet and launch our kayaks.
From Central Orlando
Enter Titusville via SR 50 and take I-95 North one exit to Garden St./SR406 (exit 220). Then follow the same directions as above (from Titusville).
From the Universal Orlando area
Take the SR528 East to get to the I-95 North. Then take the Garden St. (exit 220). Next, take a right (toward East) via town to reach the Causeway (Max Brewer). Then follow the same directions as above (from Titusville).
From Lake Mary, North Orlando, Sanford and Apopka, area:
- Take 17/92 North or South (depending on where you are) to reach SR46. Then take SR46 East to reach I-95.
- Take I-95 North to County Road 5A (exit 231). Then follow the instructions below from Daytona.
From Daytona, Jackson, New Smyrna, Ormond Beach, Edgewater area:
- Take I-95 South to go to the County Road 5A (exit 231). Follow the 5A east one mile to reach the US1/FL5. Then take a left, North on US1/FL5. Travel at least five miles till you reach the Kennedy Parkway/SR3 intersection on your right. (It?s marked by a big signpost for the Wildlife Refuge).
- Then take the Kennedy Parkway South and drive for 8.5 miles to reach the Haulover Canal Drawbridge. Just before reaching the bridge, turn right. You will see an unmarked road. Follow this road along the Canal till the very end. That?s where we will meet and launch our kayaking trip.
From Cape Canaveral, Cocoa Beach, Merritt Island, South Florida, and Melbourne area:
Go to Titusville from I-95 North to Exit No. 220 (as per the directions above). Or, you can take the US1/FL5 North through Titusville to get to the SR406/402 Garden St. Then follow the above-mentioned directions ?From Titusville.?
Note: Make sure you use the restroom in town before leaving for the Wildlife Refuge. There are no facilities at the launch site. If you have any issues finding us, feel free to call us.